We’re hosting a members’ watch-a-long with some of our favourite flicks.
When: Thursday 23rd April, 7pm
What: Groundhog Day
In Groundhog Day, Bill Murray’s bitter, cynical weatherman Phil Connors is forced into a cycle of seemingly never-ending sameness … sound familiar? Forced to relive the same day over and over, Phil is given the time to evaluate his attitude and his outlook on life.
How: Groundhog Day is streaming on Netflix, and we’re going to use the chrome extension Netflix Party to watch and discuss together. We’ve put together a short how-to below.
To watch and discuss the film with us in real time you’ll need access to Netflix and Google Chrome. You’ll need to:
- Download the chrome extension “Netflix Party” from the Chrome web store – don’t worry, it’s free
- Once downloaded, a red NP (NetflixParty) icon should appear next to your HTML browser box allowing you to host/join film watching parties
- Let us know you’re joining the party, by emailing email@example.com by 5pm on Thursday 23rd April
- We’ll share the film’s URL with members who are joining the party
- You’ll need to click on the URLc we share and then click on the red Netflix Party icon to join
- Prepare your preferred film viewing snack
- Sit back, watch and chat!
Can’t join the Netflix Party? Feel free to watch the film in your own time on the platform / channel / DVD of your choice, you can share your home cinema set-up over on our social channels.
Have a film favourite you want to discuss? Let us know! Drop us a note with your suggestions using the firstname.lastname@example.org email address.